- Eliminates the need for lubrication and coupling maintenance
- Coupling can be inspected without disassembly
- Condition of disc packs can be inspected with a strobe light while the machine is running
(Note: It is not recommended that couplings be operated without coupling guards.)
- Easy to assess equipment misalignment
- Torsionally rigid without any backlash
- No wearing parts
- Resistance to harsh environments
- Long life when properly sized and aligned
- High power density (higher torque for a given outside diameter)
- Lovejoy supports the API-610 Standard up to 3,800 RPM
- Unitized disc packs ensure repeatability necessary for meeting the balance and piloting requirements as mandated by API-610
Lovejoy takes great pride in being able to offer a wide variety of superior disc coupling products in models designed to meet the application needs of today’s worldwide power transmission market.
Using advanced design techniques, implementation of Finite Element Analysis, and extensive testing of materials, Lovejoy has developed an innovative disc pack profile design revolutionary to traditional disc pack designs found in the market. This disc pack can accommodate 1/2° to 1-1/2° of angular misalignment, and is used in all Lovejoy disc coupling products.
Lovejoy disc packs are manufactured using high grade stainless steel (AISI-301), ensuring high strength, high endurance to fatigue, and resistance to most environmental conditions.
Lovejoy disc couplings utilize unitized disc packs with 4, 6 or 8 bolt designs. While the 8 bolt design can transmit greater torque than the 6 or 4 bolt design, it is not able to accommodate as much angular misalignment.
Lovejoy couplings can also be fitted with overload bushings to protect the disc pack during momentary torsional overloads.